How can you enjoy an explosive increase in your Shaklee business? How can you help people in other parts of the world become Shaklee entrepreneurs? Be a Global Ambassador. It's an extraordinary opportunity, and you can start today!
1. Why should I be interested in becoming a Global Ambassador?
2. How do I get started as a Global Ambassador?
3. Who can register? Do I need to hold a certain rank/title?
4. Where can I register? What does it cost? Is there PV?
5. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador to sponsor in a Foreign Market?
6. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador to benefit from building a business in a Foreign Market?
7. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador if I'm in the U.S. and I only want to sponsor into Canada?
8. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador if I'm in Canada and I only want to sponsor into the US?
9. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador if I'm in the U.S. or Canada and I have an existing business in Mexico?
10. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador if I'm in the U.S. or Canada and I have an existing business in Malaysia?
11. Do I have to register as a Global Ambassador if I'm in the U.S. or Canada and I have an existing business in Japan?
12. If I'm a Distributor in the US or Canada and I'm a Global Ambassador when I sponsor 3 people in Mexico will I be eligible to earn the Sponsor 3 bonus?
13. If I'm a Business Leader in the US or Canada can I count my “new” first level Directors from a Foreign Markets to qualify for the Incentive Trips offered in my Home Country?
14. What do I receive after I register as a Global Ambassador?
15. What if I don't speak other languages?
16. Where do I get Shaklee products to send to other countries?
17. Where do I send my people when they have questions?
18. Who is my Shaklee contact in other countries?
19. How do I get paid? Separately or with my regular bonus check?
20. What if my Distributor does not register as a Global Ambassador and sponsors someone in a Foreign Market, will I receive bonuses that would have been earned on that foreign volume, if I am a Business Leader and registered as a Global Ambassador?
21. Can I still sponsor someone in a Foreign Market without being a Global Ambassador? I am only a Distributor and my prospect will order for personal consumption only and it is not financially feasible at the moment to pay for the Global Ambassador fee?
22. Do I get paid in currency from my home country or with foreign currency?
23. How can I learn more about the Global Ambassador Program? Will there be Opportunity meetings? Conference calls?
24. How do I find out about differences in other countries (customs, business regulations, etc.)?
25. Which countries are included in the Global Ambassador program?
26. Can I go online and view the activity of my down lines in other countries?
27. Can I purchase Shaklee products outside my home country?
28. I currently purchase products and send them to another country for personal consumption. Do I need to become a Global Ambassador to continue to do this?
29. Where can I read the rules and regulations?
30. What if I change my mind about being a Global Ambassador? Can I get a refund?
31. Is there a renewal for being a GA? If so, when does it occur and what is the fee?
32. How do I find out about the business rules and P&R's from each country?
33. Who can I contact with more questions about the Global Ambassador Program?
34. Does the Global Ambassador Program replace the International Sponsoring Program?
35. Which credit cards are accepted as payment for registration fees?
36. Can I designate who I sponsor in a Foreign Market to be or not be on Pay Downline Direct?
37. When I sponsor someone in a Foreign Market what price is my new Distributor eligible to receive?
38. Can you I designate who I sponsor in a Foreign Market to be or not be auto-appointed as a Business Leader?
39. How do I transfer PV to my Distributor in a Foreign Market?
40. Do I receive the price differential between what my Customers and Distributors pay and the price I'm eligible to receive?
41. Does the volume and first level Directors I create in a Foreign Market count towards incentives in my Home Country?
42. How do I switch my Home Country from one Home Country to another?
43. When I visit a Foreign Market can I order product while I'm there?
1. In what countries does Shaklee currently do business?
2. How do I sponsor someone in Taiwan?
3. How do I sponsor someone in Canada?
4. How do I sponsor someone in Mexico?
5. How do I sponsor someone in Japan?
6. How do I sponsor someone in Malaysia?
7. How do I sponsor someone in Singapore?
8. I know someone in North America that has a network in a country in which Shaklee does not currently do business. What can I share with him/her now?
9. I noticed there are materials in Chinese on the MyShaklee web-site. How can I use these materials for growing my business in the Chinese community?
10. There are Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese versions of the Chinese business materials on the web-site. Which one should I send to my Chinese–speaking prospects?
11. Will you be adding more sales and training materials in Chinese? China
1. What does the Direct Selling license allow Shaklee to do?
2. What does Direct Selling license in China mean to Shaklee?
1. Why should I be interested in becoming a Global Ambassador?
- As a Global Ambassador you benefit from being a Global entrepreneur. As Shaklee opens more markets, you will have access to tools and information about these markets from Shaklee so that you can expand your business and have the potential to earn bonuses from volume your downline generates in a foreign market.
- Think in terms of territory. If your current territory is the United States, by becoming a Global Ambassador you now have access to 693 million prospects in the markets where Shaklee offers sponsoring opportunities. And whenever you talk to people about the opportunity, you can also talk about the global opportunity—and a goal of someday reaching the other 5.3 billion people on earth.
- Click on the “register now” button on the Global Ambassador web site (www.global.shaklee.com) to begin the registration process.
- Any Shaklee Independent Distributor of any leadership rank or title in any Shaklee market can register as a Global Ambassador. To fully realize the benefits of the program, you need to be a Shaklee Independent Distributor within your home country.
- You register on the Global Ambassador web site by clicking on the "register now" icon.
- The cost of registration is USD$99 and there is a yearly renewal fee of USD$49. The annual renewal fee will occur every year on your registration anniversary date. A processing fee of 2% of the monthly bonus amount generated from business in foreign markets will be charged. This processing fee covers the cost of managing the flow of funds and processing the bonus check from one market to the next. There is no PV attached to the registration fee or renewal fee.
- No. You do not need to register as a Global Ambassador to sponsor in a foreign market. However, if you or someone in your down line sponsors in a foreign market you would not be eligible to receive bonuses and count volume towards your rank in your home country unless you are a Global Ambassador. (This does not apply to sponsoring between the U.S. and Canada).
- Yes. To count volume and First Level Business Leaders from Foreign Markets for certain qualifications and to earn leadership bonuses on Shaklee Independent Distributors developed in Foreign Markets, you must register as a Global Ambassador and hold a Business Leader title in your Home Country.
- If a Business Leader is not registered as a Global Ambassador, any bonuses that would have been earned on foreign volume will be forfeited and not roll up to the next qualified Business Leader. However, if the bonus is $99 or more, the Business Leader's account will be promptly debited $99 (or the renewal fee) so as not to delay payment. The Business Leader will then have 30 days to confirm status as a Global Ambassador (or complete the renewal process).
- No. If you are registered as a U.S. Distributor or Business Leader and you want to sponsor in Canada you do not need to register as a Global Ambassador. In addition, if you already have a business in Canada and would like to continue to maintain that business, you do not need to register as a Global Ambassador. However, if your intention is to sponsor outside of Canada, you will need to register as a Global Ambassador.
- No. If you are a registered as a Canadian Member, Distributor, or Business Leader and you want to sponsor into the U.S. you do not need to register as a Global Ambassador. In addition, if you already have a business in the U.S. and would like to continue to maintain that business, you do not need to register as a Global Ambassador. However, if your intention is to sponsor outside of the U.S. you will need to register as a Global Ambassador.
- Yes. You will still need to register as a Global Ambassador in order to earn the benefits of building a business in Mexico. If you do not currently have a business in Mexico, you will need to register as a Global Ambassador to earn the benefits from building a business in Mexico.
- Yes. You will still need to register as a Global Ambassador in order to earn the benefits of building a business in Malaysia. If you do not currently have a business in Malaysia, you will need to register as a Global Ambassador to earn the benefits from building a business in Malaysia.
- Yes. You will still need to register as a Global Ambassador in order to earn the benefits of building a business in Japan. If you do not currently have a business in Japan, you will need to register as a Global Ambassador to earn the benefits from building a business in Japan.
- No. The U.S. Sponsor 3 program is not available when sponsoring in Mexico. Neither is it available when sponsoring in Malaysia, Japan, or Taiwan. It will only be available when sponsoring in the U.S. or Canada.
- Yes. New first level Directors from a Foreign Market can be used to qualify for Incentive Trips in your Home Country. New Directors will need to have broken out within the qualification period of the Incentive Trip program in the Home Country.
- a. A personalized Global Ambassador card approximately 4-8 weeks after registering that now identifies you as a Global Ambassador. Use the card when you are prospecting in new and existing Shaklee Markets.
- b. An appointment letter from Shaklee International President Jeff Hill, confirming your appointment as a Global Ambassador of Shaklee.
- c. Access to information about each country in the Global Ambassador Program.
- d. Regular communications and updates about Shaklee's global expansion.
- You don't need to speak another language! The global opportunity is still open to you! All you need to do is talk about Shaklee. Since Shaklee is about word-of-mouth marketing, you never know when someone you talk to knows someone in another country!
- Also, sometimes the best way to market to a group that speaks another language is to find an "influential" leader who is bilingual. Another possibility is for you to seek the help of a translator.
- Each country has its own policy and procedure for purchasing products. The new Distributor that you personally sponsor in a Foreign Market must purchase products directly from the Shaklee headquarters in the Foreign Market in order to receive PV (UV in some markets). The new Distributor may order products by phone or purchase products in-person at local pick-up centers (called Branches or Service Centers).
- If your downlines are in Foreign Markets, please refer them to local offices. If they are in the US, they can call Shaklee at 925-734-3636. We will continually provide up-to-date information on the Global Ambassador web site, as well as in each individual country.
- In most cases, the compensation plan is similar to the one in your country. Explain as much as you can. If you cannot answer their question or concern, refer them to the "In-Country" Field Support.
- Within the Global Ambassador web site, you will find contact information for each country. Additionally, each country has a web site where contact information is listed.
- Each country has a General Manager, and a sales, team and a field support team. It is best to work with the local sales team. A contact sheet for each country is available here.
- Business Leaders and Distributors in the U.S., Canada and Mexico are paid in the regular bonus check for bonuses earned on U.S., Canadian and Mexico volume.
- Volume from countries other than the U.S., Canada, and Mexico each count in the month following the month in which the volume occurred in the foreign market. For example, a U.S. Business Leader has a Leader in Taiwan. The Taiwan Leader does the equivalent of 2,000 PV in September PV month. The 2,000 PV could be counted in the U.S. Business Leader's BGV in October PV month and will be paid to the Leadership Bonus on that volume in the bonus check for October PV month.
- Your bonus statement shows these bonuses as an adjustment listed as “GAP”. You also receive a separate statement showing the details of these bonuses.
- You would not receive personal group bonuses if a Distributor in your personal group does not register as a Global Ambassador. You would receive leadership bonuses for anyone your Distributor sponsors who breaks out as a business leader in the Foreign Market.
- Yes. You can sponsor someone in a Foreign Market even though you have not yet signed up as a Global Ambassador. However, you would not be eligible to earn bonuses from your Foreign Distributor's product purchases.
- You are paid in your local currency using a prevailing exchange rate.
- The best source of information is the Global Ambassador web site. We will continually be updating this web site with information for our existing markets, as well as with any new market launches and opportunities.
- Within each country, there will be announcements, downloadable materials, and conference calls where all of the tools you need to grow your business overseas will be available to you.
- The Shaklee Global team will hold conference calls in certain countries once a month to talk about the process and answer questions. Please note: These calls are not intended to be opportunity-driven and therefore you should not invite prospects.
- Once you register you will have access to information about each country. Included there are two different downloads. One will talk about local customs you should be aware of, such as, “Do not take a green taxi in Mexico City.” The other will talk about differences in the way Shaklee functions, such as, “In Mexico, there is no Member status. They are very opportunity driven.”
- The following countries are participating in the Global Ambassador Program:
- 1. United States
- 2. Canada
- 3. Mexico
- 4. Malaysia
- 5. Japan
- 6. China
- You can sponsor in Taiwan but sponsoring out of Taiwan for Taiwanese Distributors will not begin until August, 2007.
- Not at this time. This feature will be available in early 2008.
- Not at this time, but you will be able to view which products are available in each country where Shaklee does business from the local country web site.
- No. You only need to become a Global Ambassador if you wish to sponsor Distributors in which Shaklee operates. If you send product to a consumer for personal consumption outside of the U.S., you can continue to do that.
- The rules and regulations are available on the Global Ambassador web site.
- There is no refund available. If you change your mind, simply do not renew at the end of your first year.
- There is an annual renewal at a cost of U.S. $49 on your registration anniversary day. This is to help Shaklee cover administration costs to bring you a global opportunity.
- The business rules and P&Rs are available from each country's web site or by contacting the foreign market directly. Once you register as a Global Ambassador, you will have access to all of this information.
- Please contact the Field Support organization within your Home Country.
- Yes. “International” really refers to everyone outside your country. We would rather think of Shaklee as one global family—therefore, it is a Global Ambassador Program and not an International Program.
- At this point, only the following credit cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card.
- Anyone you sponsor in a Foreign Market will automatically be put on Pay Downline Direct. The Pay Downline Direct designation means that your new Distributor in the Foreign Market will be paid directly by Shaklee rather than you paying them directly. If your new Distributor in a Foreign Market sponsors someone in your Home Country then that person would be designated as Pay Downline Direct even though they are in your downline and share the same Home Country as you.
- The price a Member or Distributor receives in a Foreign Market depends on the Foreign Market in which the new Member or Distributor resides. The following list details the price a new Member or Distributor receives in a Foreign Market once you have sponsored them.
|Foreign Market||Price||% off of SRP|
|United States||Distributor Price||26%|
- Distributors who qualify to break-out as a Business Leader under a Foreign Market compensation plan are automatically appointed as a Business Leader. This is known as Auto-Appoint in some Shaklee markets. You cannot designate whether or not you would like to have a Distributor appointed as Business Leader. Once a Distributor reaches the qualifications to be a Business Leader under the qualifications of the Compensation plan in their Home Market they are automatically appointed as a Business Leader.
- You are not able to transfer PV from your Home Country to a Distributor in a Foreign Market.
- You do not receive price differential from the sale of Shaklee products in a Foreign Market.
- Volume from a Foreign Market does not count towards Home Country incentives but it does count towards title qualifications in your Home Country.
- Home Country incentives differ across markets. Please check the incentive rules in your Home Country to confirm whether or not your foreign business activities count towards qualifying for the incentive.
- You can order product while you are in a Foreign Market but the price you receive is the SRP price. The purchases you make in the Foreign Market do not count towards PV in your Home Market.
International Sponsoring Process & Procedures
1. In what countries does Shaklee currently do business?
- Currently, Shaklee distributes products in the United States, Canada, China, Mexico, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Singapore (retail).
Please review the Taiwan landing page on the Global Ambassador Web-site to see step by step instructions for sponsoring into Taiwan as well as access to the Taiwan Sponsoring Kit. The Taiwan Sponsoring Kit includes tools and materials to help you build your business in Taiwan.
3. How do I sponsor someone in Canada?
Please review the Canada landing page on the Global Ambassador Web-site to see step by step instructions for sponsoring into Canada as well as access to the Canada Sponsoring Kit. The Canada Sponsoring Kit includes tools and materials to help you build your business in Canada.4. How do I sponsor someone in Mexico?
Please review the Mexico landing page on the Global Ambassador Web-site to see step by step instructions for sponsoring into Mexico as well as access to the Mexico Sponsoring Kit. The Mexico Sponsoring Kit includes tools and materials to help you build your business in Mexico.5. How do I sponsor someone in Japan?
Please review the Japan landing page on the Global Ambassador Web-site to see step by step instructions for sponsoring into Japan as well as access to the Japan Sponsoring Kit. The Japan Sponsoring Kit includes tools and materials to help you build your business in Japan.6. How do I sponsor someone in Malaysia?
Please review the Malaysia landing page on the Global Ambassador Web-site to see step by step instructions for sponsoring into Malaysia as well as access to the Malaysia Sponsoring Kit. The Malaysia Sponsoring Kit includes tools and materials to help you build your business in Malaysia.7. How do I sponsor someone in Singapore?
- International sponsoring into Singapore is not available at this time. To purchase Shaklee products, please contact:
- Fu Fong Trading Company,
- 51, Penjuru Road, Unit #02-00
- Singapore 609143
- Tel: 011-65-6267-4674
- Fax: 011-65-6264-2422
- When you find someone currently residing in the U.S. or Canada who is interested in a country in which Shaklee does not currently do business, we recommend you sponsor them into your group and share with them the opportunity materials that are available on the My Shaklee site in the Business Library.
- Specifically you should:
- Cultivate the relationship and educate them about Shaklee, our culture, philosophy, products and opportunity.
- Train and develop them to become Business Leaders in the U.S. or Canada so they will have the skills and experience to take their Shaklee Business overseas when the market is ready to open.
- Ask them to make a list of prospects who may be interested and able to benefit from Shaklee's product and opportunity.
- Encourage them to share Shaklee's products with their friends and family in the country so that they will be able to enjoy and familiarize themselves with Shaklee products. (Please note: Until Shaklee officially enters the country, products sent to these countries must be for personal consumption only and not for resale).
- NOTE: IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT RECRUIT NEW SHAKLEE DISTRIBUTORS NOR DISTRIBUTE MARKETING MATERIALS FOR RECRUITING PURPOSES IN THESE COUNTRIES UNTIL WE HAVE A LICENSE TO CONDUCT BUSINESS THERE.
- The materials on the My Shaklee site are to help you promote the Shaklee opportunity to Chinese-speaking Americans and Canadians. There is also a new Shaklee Chinese public website at www.shaklee.cn where Chinese information can be reviewed and downloaded. There are over 2.85 million Chinese-speaking Americans in the US today (Census 2000) and over 1 million in Canada (according to 2001 Canada Census). This market provides an opportunity for you to grow your business in the U.S. and Canada by reaching out to the Chinese community in North America. Recruiting people with Chinese-speaking skills and cultural understanding will help you reach out to the Chinese community in North America. Recruiting people with Chinese-speaking skills and cultural understanding will help you build your business.
- The best approach is to ask your Chinese-speaking prospects which version they prefer. Generally, Chinese-speaking individuals from Hong Kong and Taiwan prefer the Traditional Chinese character; and those who are from Mainland China, Singapore, or Malaysia prefer the Simplified Chinese characters. However, some Chinese speakers from those countries mentioned above can read and write both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese character sets.
- Opportunity, product, training and promotional materials in Chinese will continually be added to the MyShaklee site in order to help you sponsor and train Chinese-speaking Americans and Canadians. Please check the MyShaklee site for the Chinese Business tools section of the Business Library often for new materials and updates.
- Shaklee is permitted to make preparations to engage in Direct Selling in all 18 districts of Beijing Municipality, which has a population of over 19 million people and the highest per capita income in China. In accordance with Chinese regulations, this will involve establishing Service Centers in each district and obtaining licenses for Shaklee trainers. Shaklee plans to seek authorization to expand its operations into other areas of China.
- Shaklee is the newest Direct Selling company in the China market, and in fact is the first company that doesn't have a prior or existing operation in China to receive a DS license. This is a testament to Shaklee's extremely high reputation in its home country and other markets, and to our strong commitment to the China market.